6.20.2011

WAFA Flower Show in Boston

I went to the World Flower Show last week in Boston. I wasn't sure what to expect and I was SO pleasantly surprised to see all the amazing and beautiful designs. This was the first time the show was in the US and I for one hope that it comes back again soon.

The theme this year was the Glorious Earth and there were 30 different class categories. Wind, Magic, Space, Sunset and X-Ray were some of the classes. All of the entries were amazingly beautiful, true works of art and so inspiring. I love seeing each individuals interpretation of the themes and had some fun trying to figure out what I would do in each category...actually maybe I will come up with my own interpretation and share them with you in the coming weeks.

In the meantime here are just a few (and I mean a few...there were too many amazing designs to capture). Please know that my photography does not do justice to these beautiful designs!


Glass Class by Tasha Tobin of the United States


Space Class by Trish Carter of South Africa


Sunset Class by Jean Warren of the United Kingdom


Surprise Class (incorporating an everyday object, here she used sponges) by Mary C. O'Keefe of Ireland

There were representations of the countries involved as well, I'm not sure the name of each designer, perhaps it was a collaborative effort.


United States of America


South Africa


Belgium


Jamaica


Kenya


Switzerland

1 comment:

  1. Those images look awesome and the arrangements are beautiful, loving Sunset from the UK!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...