7.28.2011

Craspedia

After you have been surrounded by flowers for over a decade (yikes!! that makes me feel old) I suppose it's possible to become a little indifferent to how beautiful certain flowers are and how even a flower can become a trend. I've always been a huge fan of textural & funky elements, and I use them as often as possible in my designs. Craspedia is one of these and has been popping up all over the place in design inspiration and I'm loving it! It's been happening for awhile now, probably even a couple years since yellow and gray became a popular wedding color palette. Whenever it started or however long it lasts I think it's great and wanted to do a round up of some of my favorite looks. These little yellow guys or "Billy Balls" as they are sometimes referred to are whimsical, fun and add the perfect little touch to many designs.



We recently used them in Laurie and Dave's wedding and for our table design here, here and here.

Flower Magazine had this post recently - simple and easy to replicate.

I love this DIY project from Design Sponge, I haven't tried it yet but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...