11.30.2011

Handmade Holidays

I dusted off my sewing machine recently and have been thoroughly enjoying myself creating some handmade items for Christmas. There are great ideas out there and it's so satisfying to finish something you've made. Of course if I was smart I would have started a bit earlier in the year but I lament about it every year with my friend Lisa (check out her blog here) and she encourages me to get to it and keep going. I've started with the little people in my life and I'm happy to report I've completed two crayon rolls and  two fishing games in just the past two days (most of the work has to be done after my real work and after my son goes to bed!)

I've adapted my designs from various tutorials I've found online, there are many to choose from. Skip to My Lou has a few different crayon roll tutorials with easy to follow directions. The fishing game, which I found last year but my little man was still too small to play, is so easy and can be customized how ever you like.

I have big plans for more items and as I create them I will definitely share. I can't give away too much of the grown-up gifts I'm working on since they may read about them here but I'm pretty confident the kiddos aren't reading my blog.

**As I write this post I saw some more great DIY ideas for gift giving posted over at Design*Sponge today. Of course they have fabulous ideas for DIY along with other genius gift guides for anyone in your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...