4.23.2012

Spring time city walk.

Even though I have the opportunity to see beautiful and exotic flowers from all over the world I still can't get enough of the little treasures you find walking through the city in the spring. It's easy to pass by without taking notice. This week I took a little time to smell the roses, so to speak.

On the left the helleborus is so beautiful with it's down turned flower heads and on the right early blooming clematis. I love this window box display in front of a downtown apartment building. As with everything in the city when you don't have a lot of space to go out you go up, creating an elevated garden using stone.
 As I walked away I took a last look back and although you can't see it too well from this picture I thought it was genius that the awning over the front entrance was also used for a planted garden. What a treat for the floors above to look down and see this garden.
 Much to my surprise while walking through Thompkins Square Park I noticed this large patch of lily of the valley just beginning to flower. A favorite of brides they are delicate stems of bell shaped blooms and are beautifully fragrant. I have to remember to check out this patch in a few more weeks to see them in full bloom.

So while we are all moving in one direction or the other don't forget to take in what spring has brought us, you may be delightfully surprised at the things you will find.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...