- Remember, it’s your wedding there are no rules regarding the décor.
- Choose a floral designer that you trust and allow them the freedom to be truly creative and make decisions that you are sure to love.
- Learn the difference between a “florist” and a “floral designer”.
- Reflect your personality, the design and décor should show your style.
- Make sure to see a sample of the centerpiece or table design.
- Think about elements other than just the centerpiece; linens, lighting and other special touches make the difference and can complete the look.
- Gather inspiration and do some research before you meet with designers to have an idea of things you like and don’t like.
- Meet with more than one designer to find the right fit for your style and budget.
- ENJOY the process, choosing décor should be fun and you should be thrilled with the outcome on the big day!
Tips for choosing the perfect designer for your wedding.
Ever since the wedding reality show craze I've often been asked "Have you worked with any Bridezillas or uncontrollable couples??" and thankfully my response has always been, "No!" I must admit that I've been so lucky with the couples that I've worked with over the years. They have all had their own visions, opinions and expectations but each of them has gracefully allowed me to do what I love and create the perfect décor for them. Some are more involved than others, some have a clear vision from the onset of exactly what they want while others were looking to me to take the lead and design something specifically for them. In either situation I've loved the chance to design and redesign the look until it's just right. After all, the flowers and décor can help transform any space and set the mood for the day. So while you may know exactly what you want or you may not have a clue...here are some tips on choosing someone to help you create the perfect look for your special day.